- English groceries are cheap and nice. Many more drinks options, zillions of cheeses, nice meats, decent produce and breads. Not big on organic options.
- Sleeping on a 4 ft wide bed is doable! Same length as at home (80″) But Andrew is on the inside, though.
- Hardware in hardware stores is lovely and nice quality. Things I don’t often see at home.
- More racial diversity than when I first visited +/- 30 years ago. Not uncommon to see head scarfs on women in the cities, some hijabs, even some burqas.
- I have made some vocabulary shifts (car park, toilets, etc.) without realizing it.
- Dragonflies! Very beautiful and colorful…haven’t yet seen a live kingfisher, but saw some lovely stuffed ones.
- Loads of thrift stores (charity shops) in most towns although small and not very varied.